Here is our teaching outline for this past week’s EPIC message, Run Strong. Finish Well.
1Corinthians 9.24-27; Hebrews 12.1
Please take a moment to finish these sentences for yourself . . .
- I wish I hadn’t quit __________________.
- The most difficult thing I ever had to do was _____________________.
- I would love to be able to finish ________________________.
- When I think of perseverance I think of _______________________.
- “Hang in there” means ___________________________.
- The most faithful person I know is ____________________.
Three things that slow us down:
- Friends (1Corinthians 15.33)
- Trials (James 1.2-4)
- Sin (Hebrews 12.1)
- Peers (1Corinthians 15.33)
- Past (Philippians 3.13)
Three things that will help you finish well:
- Know the prize (1Corinthians 8.24)
- Keep the pace (Hebrew 12.1)
- Drop the baggage (Hebrews 12.1)